Any resident of Yorke Peninsula travelling to a medical or allied health appointment, or visiting someone in hospital can use this service.
- To and from Adelaide, Monday to Friday (except public holidays).
- Set fare of $14 return (no concessions).
- A carer or companion may travel free to support the client.
- Children under 15 must be accompanied by an adult.
- To complete the round-trip within one day, appointments must be between 11am and 2pm (and finish no later than 2.30pm). If an appointment is outside this time frame, you may travel down and return the following day.
- Our staff may be able to assist by re-negotiating appointments to suit travel times if you wish.
- If you are recovering from hip-replacement surgery, you are unable to travel for 6 weeks and must have clearance from your doctor before we can accept travel appointments.
- Clients are encouraged to book travel as soon as appointments are confirmed (we can’t accept bookings after 12.30pm on the day before travel).
- Daily departure times vary with each client notified between 3 and 5pm on the business day before travel.
- Daily routes are determined by clients' locations, with pick-ups at most Yorke Peninsula bus stops and regular stops at Port Wakefield.
- Clients are dropped off at the door of most hospitals in the Adelaide CBD and picked up at an arranged time.
- Earliest departure time from Adelaide is 12.30pm. Daily adjustments to departure times occur according to appointment times, locations and driving restrictions.
- A volunteer Bus Companion is assigned to most trips to support clients during their travel.
- The Health Bus is a collaborative project between Country Health SA, the Department of Planning, Transport & Infrastructure; and YPCT.
YP Community Bus
- Hassle-free transport alternative available to all Yorke Peninsula residents, travelling through various peninsula towns and linking to the Copper Coast.
- Available to all community members - no restrictions or assessment criteria apply
- No service on public holidays or weekends.
- Wheelchair accessible.
- Fees Apply
- Current timetable
Copper Coast 'Dial-a-Ride'
- Available in the Copper Coast linking people between towns.
- Wheelchair accessible bus service for the general community.
- Fees Apply.